I deliberately did absolutely no planting this year, so all I did in the garden was dump stuff on the compost heap and taming the grassy jungle – after learning to use a scythe, and getting one. :-) But not doing much yielded some unexpected results!
Filed under ‘learning by trial & error’
At the end of August, we spent a day or two setting up a project wall for the house. Not perfect but perfectly usable, so here’s the story.
In May I told you about my second attempt at building a pizza oven last year, and with roughly the same amount of delay, here’s the follow up story about our first time actually using it at the end of June. Spoiler: It worked alright and made lovely pizza! ;-)
Okay, so I had 211 photos to choose from for this article! To make sure it has at least a chance of going online sometime this week, I am going to make this a bit of a picture story: My Second Attempt At A Cob Pizza Oven, In 70 Pictures. And a bit of text.
How I built my first cob pizza oven, or as much as I remember of it.
A summary of all my gardening efforts while this site was offline (Nov 2014 - Sep 2015). Another long one! Spoiler alert: Learned a lot but didn’t really have much harvest to show for it.
Once more a fairly long post on my first couple of weeks with my diy bokashi bin.
My very first small and very experimental hugelkultur bed. Probably sowed and planted too early, and I’m pretty sure it’ll lose a lot of volume at some point. But it was so much fun!
Moss house number 2.0: Transplantating moss patches onto the old paste. The results look fabulous so far!
Short post: My shoots aren’t pumpkin shoots. (And a sneak peak of what’s in the making.)